Stephen Ministry is a ministry of ordinary Christians passing on God's love and care to people facing tough times. Stephen Ministry is based on the idea that all Christians are ministers. God has given us gifts for ministry and called us to put those gifts to use. If you'd like to be the one who extends special care in another’s life, please consider becoming a caregiver. You can become a Stephen Minister after attending the intensive trainings.
HOW CAN I BECOME A STEPHEN MINISTER?
• Attend 50 hours of training (offered two times each year: Sept-Feb and Feb-June)
• Complete application and interview process
• Become a member of Northwest Church
WHAT WOULD BE EXPECTED OF ME?
• You'll receive an assigned care receiver with whom you will meet at least one hour a week
• Twice a month there are small group peer meetings (this is an encouraging and helpful time for the Stephen Ministers to receive support!)
• Four times a year we have continuing education classes to increase your skills
WHEN IS THE NEXT REGISTRATION?
• Upcoming registration for Stephen Ministry training will take place January 6-February 4, 2018.
• Upcoming class dates are February 10, March 10, April 14, May 12, June 9, 2018 from
8:00am-3:30pm with June 9 extending to 5:00pm due to graduation.
• The cost of the training is $125 including lunch.
FORMS FOR CURRENT STEPHEN MINISTERS
• Stephen Ministry Forms
Contact Pastor Craig McCann with any questions.